Why is capital preservation critical to long-term financial success?
Not only to preserve capital but to have access to its value.
Preserving capital is vital because it enables me:
- to have the resources to meet ongoing expenses
- to invest in future opportunities
- to handle unplanned events
Without access to capital, I will struggle:
- to meet current financial obligations
- to invest in unexpected opportunities
- to flex when circumstances change
How does this change your thinking about storing money? Speaking of mindset, mindset matters when it comes to protecting your money.
I use life insurance for capital preservation and help others do the same.
Here are 4 examples of my mindset in action:
- I think of whole life insurance as a capital preservation asset, not a necessary evil.
- I think of paying premiums as building my capital stack, not as an expense.
- I focus on using assets for money storage vice seeking the highest return.
- I think of whole life insurance and investing as complementary vice an either/or decision.
How many opportunities might you be missing because of your mindset?
It’s worth considering.
To listen to my latest podcast appearance and hear more on my investing mindset, check out the Perennial Pride Podcast on Spotify, or listen on your favorite podcast app.